Phade to resign

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Phade to resign

Post by Phade » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:59 pm

Hey All,

It saddens me to admit this, but I have realized that my time here as the head of this site is drawing to a close. The amount of time and effort required by a person in my position will soon become too much for me to handle. Coming mid June (this month), Mary and I anxiously expect the arrival of our first child. In the weeks before and months after, I will have absolutely no free time whatsoever.

My concern now has been how to leave the site in good hands. My direct involvement with the site may return after some time, but there will be a period of at least several weeks to months where I could easily not even log into the site due to obvious time restrictions.

I have been able to give up physical server maintenance to derobert (Anthony). He has been instrumental in getting the Golden Donut, new web/DB servers running, and lots of help with site coding. The gratitude and appreciation that I give to him is highest among all. Without him, this site and its servers would not function as smoothly as they do now.

I have been able to delegate forum administration to Paizuri (Andy) and AbsoluteDestiny (Ian). I am very grateful to them for their assistance with the forum. All forum decisions hereafter are left to them.

The main site coding will be headed by DokiDoki (Tim). Any site functions that need to be created or maintained will be his to implement. All site information maintenance including video catalog entries, anime listings, and music listings will be handled by Vlad G Pohnert. Quu (Patrick) will be a general admin by helping with all sections of the site. He will also be integrating the Org’s database with his Master Archive Project database and the old Waldo FTP archive.

Donation recording and issues will jointly be handled by AbsoluteDestiny and Quu. However, the only duty that I will retain is seeing that the bills are paid (since they are set up to go out automatically) and managing the site budget (which doesn’t change very often at all).

The greatest responsibilities of site policies and planning will be handled by AbsoluteDestiny. He will be handling all communications, site support, site rules, and will be the contact person if anything goes wrong with the site. He will be the primary admin person behind the contact email account for all general site support, amvorg@hotmail.com. He will have the final word as to what is done on and with the site, when it is to be done, and who does it.

I have full and total faith in each of these people to uphold and sustain this site and all that it does. I have given each of these people specific guidelines to follow so that the site policies stay consistent with the current direction of the site. However, I do leave it up to their sole judgment to make policies and decisions that are in the best interest of the site as a whole. Any decision made by them should be treated as if it was a decision made by me.

Starting June 7, 2004, I will hand full control over to the new administrators. I will then no longer answer support emails, forum posts, and private messages; all such messages will be forwarded to and be the responsibility of the appropriate admin account. Until then, I will only handle occasional support requests and the like.

It has been a wonderful experience for me in creating this site and watching the community grow. I have learned much more from this than I ever thought I was going to. I have met and made many new friends that I would otherwise never know. I have watched anime music videos themselves progress in a way I could not have imagined. My only hope with the site is that I have been a positive influence to all, I have made many more good decisions than bad, and the site will continue to grow and be a great resource for all who love anime music videos.

Though I will greatly miss the site, I look forward to what is ahead. Mary and my lives are about to change in the most wonderful way I can think of. It is with great joy that we move on and grow together in this way.

Thank you all for everything. You will be missed.

Phade.

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:04 pm

Oh man... I'm really sorry to here that.

I'm sure we'll ALL miss you.
"hey... no"

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:05 pm

Congratulations Kris (using real name seeing as well, this realtes to your non-net life).

I wish you and your wife the very best, I'm sure you'll be a great father.

You'll be missed.
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:05 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:I'm sure we'll ALL miss you.
Me especially :)

StealthVisions
Org Profile

Post by StealthVisions » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:08 pm

Phade, this community would never have grown without you. Thanks for all your efforts and I hope to see you at another Corbo Bash soon. Bring Phade Jr. along, we can teach him about....hope...and friendship...and alcohol. :wink: <---winkyface

In all seriousness, thanks for all your years of hard work and take comfort in knowing you've left it all in the hands of very capable and dedicated friends. Take care and I'm sure I'll see you around sometime.

--Corbo
::takes out his sack of hot nickels::

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:09 pm

Congrats on fatherhood phade.
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:I'm sure we'll ALL miss you.
Me especially :)

Ad I guess you have some rather important responsibilities now... which reminds me.

Where do you want the random suck up gifts?
"hey... no"

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:14 pm

Wishing you the best of luck in life. Thanks for creating such a great site.

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:15 pm

Good luck man!

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 pm

Phade, we'll definitely miss you.

This site is the main reason I've stayed with making AMVs as long as I have. I can't thank you enough for starting this wonderful meeting ground for creators and fans. Has it really only been three and a half years?

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son or daughter, and with the excellent people you've delegated the responsibilities to, I'm absolutely certain we'll all always be here to welcome you when you stop back in.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:23 pm

All my best to you and your happily growing family. :) Congratulations!

Return to “Site Announcements”