Humbly Request Feedback on New Yu-Gi-Oh vid

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
pinky75910
Org Profile

Humbly Request Feedback on New Yu-Gi-Oh vid

Post by pinky75910 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:31 pm

Dear friends,
This is my first time begging for feedback on a vid. It’s Yu-Gi-Oh, to “Numb” by Linkin Park.
It’s called Hikari Yugi, and You can download it here - http://digitalmillenium.moonliteshadow. ... riyugi.wmv

Now wait, don’t walk away yet. I know what you’re thinking. There’s been.. one or two Yu-Gi-Oh/Linkin Park vids out there. If you see any of my other videos, you know the big flashing-kaboom-card-monster-roar-kaboom some more – is not my style. I try hard to stay away from it.

This is a Character Profile, not of Yami Yugi, but of our hero, Little Yugi, or Hikari Yugi. It kinda sprung out of the feelings of the “Joey’s Betrayal” mini-series, and is about Lil Yugi’s conflicted feelings about how he wants to be as strong and confident as his other self, but he doesn’t want to have to rely on him all the time. He wants to find his own strength.

I think it’s a decent vid. I showed it to many of my friends and them seemed to enjoy it too. However, just one of them said they thought it didn’t seem as “creative” as some of my vids. Now I’m doubting myself. Maybe I could do better. I tried to avoid using “glamour shots” images that look pretty but nothing really happens, typically found in openings – But I found that in some cases I did have to use a few. I guess I’m trying to find out if the middle section that I found challenging to edit to is up to the standards of the rest of my videos. My question is, what must be/ should be done to make this post-worthy?

I thank you very much for reading my post, and I thank you in advance for watching my video, double extra happy thanks for any feedback! I don’t know how much my opinion is worth, but I’ll offer to try and watch a video of yours in return for any feedback offered. I don’t know how helpful I can be if I don’t know the series, and I’m not the sure I’m helpful in my advice, but I’ll try if you wish it.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:11 am

Still looking for more feedback if it can be found please. Thank you.

rSYNist17
Org Profile

Post by rSYNist17 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:01 am

That was pretty good. Good song, good clips to go along with it. All around a nice video. Good job. :)

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:20 pm

Thank you very much!

Rendarma
Org Profile

Post by Rendarma » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:47 pm

I really like the idea behind this vid. the lipsinc was.........less than prefect but the idea behind the vid was just great. i give it 4 stars.
Rendarma

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:00 pm

Rendarma wrote:I really like the idea behind this vid. the lipsinc was.........less than prefect but the idea behind the vid was just great. i give it 4 stars.
Thanks very much! I appreciate your opinion! The lip synch for that one line was really more of a suggestion ^_^;;; Thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”