InuYasha and Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:17 am

The thread was made because of an anime company. Even if the org came up with the money to legally distribute the music (no way), that has nothing to do with anime companies.

Too many artists, too many mislabeled videos, too few donations, etc, and that's just the music side. For anime companies would they charge per episode or per series? Take those multi-anime vids using a hundred different series and it's just impossible to imagine members paying for their own vids, let alone the site paying for *all* the vids.

We just stay separate from That Site and hope, since we don't allow full episodes to be distributed, they won't target us in their sweeps.

You know, the reason they're killing Inuyasha videos is because too many people are putting full clips of the anime on That Site. There are a lot of episodes of that anime, too, so the easiest way to get rid of all the raw copies is to delete any video that uses Inuyasha as a tag. They probably don't even notice the amvs from the episodes - so it's not targetting amvs at all. It's has nothing to do with amvs, they're just getting caught up in the mess that comes from a site having so many raw copies of their material.

asi2577
Org Profile

Post by asi2577 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:08 am

Arigatomina wrote:The thread was made because of an anime company. Even if the org came up with the money to legally distribute the music (no way), that has nothing to do with anime companies.
Too many artists, too many mislabeled videos, too few donations, etc, and that's just the music side. For anime companies would they charge per episode or per series? Take those multi-anime vids using a hundred different series and it's just impossible to imagine members paying for their own vids, let alone the site paying for *all* the vids.
That is true, I was just talking about the music side mainly because of them already comming to the site and pulling vids like Evanescence because of the full audio clips we use.
Arigatomina wrote:We just stay separate from That Site and hope, since we don't allow full episodes to be distributed, they won't target us in their sweeps.
Well to that I think maybe (and I may do it also) we should have everyone not link there AMVs from that place (wink wink). I don't think but don't know if I did on the earlier AMVs make a link back to this in my description. But I may just end up taking all my AMV down since that is the second one they deleted of mine.
Arigatomina wrote:You know, the reason they're killing Inuyasha videos is because too many people are putting full clips of the anime on That Site. There are a lot of episodes of that anime, too, so the easiest way to get rid of all the raw copies is to delete any video that uses Inuyasha as a tag. They probably don't even notice the amvs from the episodes - so it's not targetting amvs at all. It's has nothing to do with amvs, they're just getting caught up in the mess that comes from a site having so many raw copies of their material.
There where still some people who had vids up from InuYasha (my other 3 AMVs where not touched and where my originals on there site. It may be because I used Inu Yasha instead of Inuyasha which that one got the axe)

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:07 am

Wouldn't it just be absolutely terrible if we had to purge every inuyasha video off the site? :roll:
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:55 am

Well, I'm pretty sure they're not actually checking the videos they delete. They got my fananimated video for having IY listed in the tags, and it didn't have a single clip of footage from the anime in it. :lol:

If you really want to keep your account there, take down all the amvs or just stop putting tags on them. Definitely don't link back to the org, though. We have nothing to do with That Site. We can't even say the name of it here.
Orwell wrote:Wouldn't it just be absolutely terrible if we had to purge every inuyasha video off the site? :roll:
Yes. Yes, it would be terrible. Because we'd lose over 80% of the multi-anime vids on this site and there aren't many of them to begin with. That's most of the multi-editor projects as well. I wouldn't mind seeing fewer Inu/Kag vids around, but I don't wanna loose my multi-anime vids just because some IY-haters screwed it for the rest of us. :?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:53 pm

yup my video Pretty Sparkles was taken down because of this company... (multi-anime source vid that happened to use inuyasha)

and because of that i said to myself that if any of my amvs were axed there id take the rest down... none of my amvs are on the tube anymore

but theres plenty of other places to post my videos for now O.o

and yea, they are right, they were taken down cause ppl upload full eps there (even if they break it into 20 min segments, they still upload the whole thing) amvs are getting hit in the crossfire

my suggestion is to take down all their inuyasha amvs... and dont link to us there... ever or at all

J.Alana
Org Profile

Re: InuYasha and Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation

Post by J.Alana » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:26 pm

asi2577 wrote:Looks like Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation is not liking our AMVs so they may start to come to this website soon.
I know what you mean. They ranked my amv "Inuyasha - Rest in Pieces" from YouTube I got an email from the copyright infringement police yesterday. It's okay though. That's one amv. Amazingly, they haven't spotted "Inuyasha's Reason." which someone had uploaded to YouTube a long time ago. Its just funny. Inuyasha Rest in Pieces was made in circa 2003 and FOUR YEARS LATER they are yanking it!!! If they do come to J&P Online and make me yank it, I'll yank it but I think what I'll do as well is ask....why? I mean just like you said its free marketing for them we basically advertise the anime for them! I can't tell you how many animes I've watched based on an amv I saw -EVA being one of them, Naruto being another. That's good exposure for them. But, you know they do hold the copyright and if they want to yank it - its their decision to do so.

Cheers to all & Happy Holidays.
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:46 am

I think that's an awesome idea...

It is licensed work after all [go fig lol]

My thoughts are that they may as well kill off any 'overused' anime such as:

Inu Yasha
DBZ
Naruto
Evangelion

while they're at it, kill off the stupidly overused songs!

Linkin' Bark
Ayvernayscenese
Cop Shuey

[blah]

If that happens, then that means we'd lose about oh...

90% of this website? [WHOOOHOOO MORE AMV HDD ROOM FOR ME!!]

It's a small [ok big] dream for me, but a nightmare to about 90% of the other people...

I'd be one of the only people with vids who'd actually stay [I'd probably lose 2 or 3 of my inu yasha vids but those were shitty quality anyway... gah* ^_^]

Yay!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:20 am

OmniStrata wrote:My thoughts are that they may as well kill off any 'overused' anime such as:

Inu Yasha
DBZ
Naruto
Evangelion

Linkin' Bark
Ayvernayscenese
Cop Shuey

[blah]

If that happens, then that means we'd lose about oh...

90% of this website? [WHOOOHOOO MORE AMV HDD ROOM FOR ME!!]

It's a small [ok big] dream for me, but a nightmare to about 90% of the other people...

I'd be one of the only people with vids who'd actually stay [I'd probably lose 2 or 3 of my inu yasha vids but those were shitty quality anyway... gah* ^_^]

Yay!
LOL. I think thats a great idea. Okay, mods are you listening? Recommend no more Stinkin Park (even though I like them too I confess I have all of their cd's to date.), No more evanescance (yeah, I saw them in concert twice and also have all of their cd's) and no more Cop Suey (even though yeah, I saw them in concert too and own all of their cd's as well.) Plus no more Naruto (oh well there goes "Taking my life away.") and no more EVA "um...Torment of Asuka's Soul buh bye." and of course no more DBZ (oh wait, that's the entire J&P library from 2001 to 2003!)

Maybe not such a good idea after all. LOL

Happy Holidays!

:D
J. Alana

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:03 am

asi2577 wrote:So if that is the case, why can't the ORG (or member) get internet radio licensing like from http://www.loudcity.net/
Not meeting their requirements is one of many reasons.
asi2577 wrote:By the way (off the subject) dokidoki like your AMVs.
Thanks. :)
OmniStrata wrote:My thoughts are that they may as well kill off any 'overused' anime such as:
[WHOOOHOOO MORE AMV HDD ROOM FOR ME!!]
First they came for the Naruto AMVs, and I didn’t speak up,
because I didn’t make Naruto AMVs.

Then they came for the Linkin Park AMVs, and I didn’t speak up,
because I didn’t make Linkin Park AMVs.

Then they came for the Evangelion AMVs, and I didn’t speak up,
because I made Final Fantasy AMVs.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me.

(apologies to Niemöller and others)

Not that I'm saying to "speak up"... I just think it's pointless to rail against overused sources.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:09 am

Doki said it best.

Btw, dokidoki I agree I loved your "Stop Watching Anime & Go outside." In a word, simply brilliant and funny as hell :D
J. Alana

Return to “General AMV”